I emailed Kroger regarding their coupon policy here in Kentucky and I received the following response today via email! Print this off and put it in your binder if you are an avid Kroger shopper like I am!
Dear Ms. Patterson:
Thank you for contacting The Kroger Co. We appreciate your inquiry regarding our coupon policy. For your reference, I am including a copy of the coupon policy for your region. Please note that this policy is our most current; however it is subject to change without notice. For further clarification of this policy, please speak directly to store management. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 800.576.4377 if we can be of further assistance. Thank you again and have a nice day.
The store manager has the right to accept, decline or limit the quantity of coupons or items used or purchased in a single transaction, by a single customer, or in a single day.
- Manufacturer coupons of $0.50 or less will be “doubled”.
- Never double or triple coupons that are for tobacco items because it is illegal.
- Manufacturer coupons over $0.51 will be redeemed at face value.
- This does not apply to “free,” Kroger, Retail Food Store coupons, electronic coupons on the Kroger Plus card, or items prohibited by law.
- Do not double or triple Kroger Division Coupons
- Competitor pharmacy coupons are accepted.
- LCM or Competitor Coupons may not be used in conjunction with our $4 Generic Program.
General Coupon Policy:
- Limit one (1) manufacturer coupon per item purchased.
- Limit one (1) store coupon per item purchased.
- One (1) manufacturer and one (1) store coupon can be used on the same item.
- Coupons cannot be used on “free” items.
- Expired coupons are not accepted.
- Amount refunded cannot exceed the cost of the item.
PRINT-AT-HOME (PAH) COUPONS:
We only accept printable coupons if they scan properly at checkout.
We do not accept “free product” printable coupons that have no purchase requirement.
Buy-one-get-one-free coupons and other values that have a purchase requirement are acceptable but will be MUCH less common than traditional value-off coupons.
We do not accept coupons for more than about 75% of a product’s value without advance notice.
Legitimate PAH coupons will not be for a high value relative to the cost of the item. For example, a $2.00 off coupon will be acceptable for a product that normally sells for $5.00 or more, but a $2.00 off printable coupon for a product that sells for $2.25 is unlikely to be legitimate.
Coupons will be rejected if they appear out of proportion or blurry, or are obvious duplicates.
Legitimate PAH coupons are never copied, sold, or traded. Nearly all coupons are “non-transferable,” meaning they should not be photocopied or scanned and distributed to others.
Coupons will be rejected if they appear to have been altered in any way.
PAH coupons can be checked for validity at: http://www.printcoupons.com.